Find high-performance outdoor clothing, gear, and accessories that make wise and responsible use of resources. See more Mountain Gear Sustainable Pick items.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fowler On The Loose

Coloradan Charlie Fowler, one of American's most accomplished climbers, has started blogging at On the Loose. The blog is a complement to Charlie's superb website, which, among many other things, offers dozens of free topos to rock climbs on the obscure sandstone of southwestern Colorado. In the past few years, Charlie has been producing beautiful Polaroid transfer images from his travels around the world. We published a wonderful series of his portraits of Tibetan people in R&I 103 (October 2000); check out the evocative texture of his images from a recent trip to Vietnam. Beautiful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dougald,

Thanks for the kind words. I've enjoyed your blog tremendously ever since I discovered it. I was immediately impressed by your thoughtfulness, professionalism and integrity and I've been a fan ever since. I'm not saying that I always agree with what you write, but you always keep me entertained, get me thinking and inspired. I hope I can match your standards in my own blog.

thanks again, Charlie